Frequently Asked Questions

City Clerk

Public records and other information can be requested from Farmington City Hall by submitting a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Request Form.

Please submit a completed FOIA form to:
Farmington City Hall - FOIA Request
P.O. Box 150
Farmington, AR 72730
or fax form to 479-267-3805

For more information, please contact Farmington City Hall at (479) 267-3865.

Economic Development

The current population of Farmington is 5,974 people.

Does Farmington offer public transportation?

Ozark Regional Transit does run through Farmington, for further information please call Ozark Regional Transit at 479-756-5901 or check out brochures at Farmington City Hall. Ozark Regional Transit website

Fire Department

Currently our ISO rating is #3.

Our average response time within City limits is under five minutes.

In the case of life-threatening emergency, a fire truck is dispatched along with an EMS unit to provide extra assistance since all of our personnel are trained to provide at least Basic Life Support.

Normally, citizens are allowed to burn small piles of leaves or small limbs as long as the fire is out by sunset and the resident obtains permission by calling the Fire Chief at (479) 267-3338. Burning of garbage is illegal.

When there is a Red Flag warning it is posted in front of the Fire Department. It means high fire danger and burning is discouraged.

When there is a Burn Ban it is posted in front of the Fire Department. It means absolutely no burning.

Parks and Recreation

To rent the pavilion at Creekside Park please call City Hall 479-267-3865. To rent the community room at the Senior Center please call 479-267-5709.

Park Pavilion Rental

Planning and Zoning

Zone changes require Planning Commission and City Council approval.

Planning Applications/Permits

Police Department

Driving records are maintained by the Arkansas Department of Drivers Control. To obtain a certified copy of your driving record, contact Arkansas Dept. of Drivers Control at (479) 521-1431.

For a copy of an accident report (at the cost of $10.00), come by City Hall between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday or requests can be mailed to P.O. Box 150, Farmington, Ar. 72730, please include a stamped self addressed envelope. Most accident reports can be obtained within 3-5 business days of the accident. Please contact the Farmington Police at (479) 267-3411 with any questions.

It is not the normal practice of the Farmington Police Department, but in emergency situtations we will assist you in unlocking of vehicles.

Curfew hours established for minors in the City of Farmington are as follows:
10:00 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week.
11:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights of each week.

Public Works

In most cases the property owner is responsible for mowing that property and maintaining ditches and drain tiles in that area. Please call Public Works at 479-267-3865 for further information.